Friday, April 10, 2009

VOLLEYBALL

I've started playing volleyball twice a week. Some women from around the area get together at my church Wednesday and Friday mornings and play for 2 hours. Probably the best thing since playing softball. I always have a blast. One of the great things about it, is most of the women have to bring their kids that are not school age, so there is always a lot of,"Mommy! Get down!" meaning I want to get off the stage and I'm too little to do it myself. And there is,"Mommy! I go potty!" Which usually means that they haven't gone yet but they are about to.

So today I get there and we start warming up and playing our first game and I see one of the mom's leaving the court to go get her son. And I see her wrapping him in a big gray sweatshirt. That doesn't stay on long and I realize he is butt naked from the waist down. He had a bit of an accident and no other clothes to put him in. Well this particular little boy, who is super cute by the way, loves Berkley. So him and his half naked self decided to keep her company for a little bit while I played. Later on I looked in the play room (just an extention of the gym blocked off by an "on it's side" table) and I see tons of kids playing, and then I see this little boy. Playing like he had all his clothes on, but he didn't. Just a t-shirt and I bet you can imagine what he looked like.

So needless to say, it's never boring at volleyball.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! We did that during our stake volleyball season and everyone brought their little kids who'd be running around. I didn't realize how much fun volleyball is! That's fun that you go every week!

    ReplyDelete