Wednesday, June 2, 2010

{ french braids and amen }

Today was such a fun day with the Berk. She is starting to become so animated and spunky! She has now started demanding (yes, DEMANDING) breakfast immediately after she gets out of bed. Well, I wake up when she wakes up and I'm still not adjusted to cooking 2 minutes after I wake up. But that's what I did today. So, while I'm cooking her eggs (probably her favorite food, at the moment) I gave her some cheerios to keep her happy. She knows when her eggs are done and right when she sees me putting them on a plate she starts yelling for them. Like usual, I said, "Ok, time to say a prayer." And that didn't make her very happy. She started becoming more vocal that she wasn't getting her eggs immediately. But I just folded my arms, closed my eyes and said a quick prayer. About half way through she stopped talking, and when I said Amen and opened my eyes she had her arms folded and said, "AMA". IT WAS THE CUTEST! So I ran over to her and gave her a big hug and kiss and she seemed pretty pleased with herself.

Later in the morning I decided that I would try and french braid her hair for the first time. I had never attempted it before because 1. Her hair wasn't long enough and 2. because I thought I was just pushing my luck assuming that a 1 year old would sit still long enough for me to braid both sides. She is used to getting her hair done everyday, but it doesn't take that long. So I did it, and it wasn't perfect, but it sure looked cute!

We spent the rest of the day cleaning, playing, went on a walk, and even went over to the local fish hatchery and fed some fish. :)

3 comments:

  1. I love her hair. She is the cutest baby and you are the cutest mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stop smiling. How completely ADORABLE.
    I love that she said AMEN, and her hair is outrageously CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE! You are a very fun mom!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete