Saturday, May 15, 2010

{ new diet }

SOOOOOOO...I have been having trouble losing my last 10 lbs, from the close to 40 lbs that I gained when I was pregnant with Berkley. I've exercised on and off...watched what I ate on and off...and just haven't really committed to anything for more than 2-4 weeks...If I did, I cheated a little bit in there sometime. I just seem to ALWAYS make exceptions. "Oh, it's so and so's birthday...I'll have a little cake." or "I hardly ever eat this, and I probably won't have it for a long time, I think I'll have seconds or thirds of it." It just always seems that I'm not totally committed and my will power has gone out the window. So now I'm trying a specific diet which is something I've never really done before. The nice thing is that it is all laid out for me and I know what I can and can't eat and the most important thing is that I have committed to do it. This is a little embarrassing, but I feel like I need to write it so that I'm responsible for the results and so that I can share it with everyone when I've finally reached my goal weight. Tonight, on my neighbor's scale, I was 142.4 lbs. And I'm hoping to loose another 10-15 lbs when I start trying to maintain and not lose anymore.

So...here I go.

6 comments:

  1. Good girl! I've heard putting it out on your blog really helps you stay commited. My cousin is trying it, she has always struggled with weight. So props to you and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I'm in the same boat, I'm supposed to be on a 12 week plan right now. But I seem be cheating more than I am dieting. lol. I'm always pretty good about my workouts I've been doing about 5 hardcore workouts each week. My eating goes in cycles where I do good, then ok, then horrible. I need to recommit! I'm just trying to kick the last 10 lbs too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm exactly there with you same weight, same goals and all! Good luck to both of us ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats awesome! Those last few pounds were definitely the hardest to loose. It was so hard for me to stick to any diet that restricted what I could or couldn't eat....in the end some friends and I got together and turned it into a competition. It was a lot of fun and we all tracked our ups and downs on a private blog that was just for those of us who were competing. Best of luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it, your amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What diet is it? And weigh yourself in the morning instead..it always is less! I LOVE the Southbeach diet...totally works every time for me. But check out my good friend's blog that she started cause she's at her goal of fitness and everyone keeps asking her what she's done...so she's made a blog. www.fitgals.blogspot.com. You can totally do it Val! You look amazing already though by the way.

    ReplyDelete